Cast iPhone Screen to Chromecast Device or TV with Chromecast
If you often find yourself wishing that you could view your iPhone’s screen on a larger screen, then you might have wondered if it’s possible to view it on your TV with a Chromecast device.
While the Google Home app allows you to cast media from compatible apps, it doesn’t support screen mirroring.
Fortunately, there are third-party apps you can use for that purpose. In this article, we’ve reviewed three such apps that let you mirror iPhone screen to Chromecast, along with step-by-step instructions on how to use them.
How to Mirror iPhone to Chromecast Using Third-Party App
The above-mentioned process doesn’t allow you to mirror your iPhone’s screen and the number of apps you can use to cast videos/photos is also limited. For example, you can’t cast media content that’s stored in the Photos app.
If you want less restrictions and screen mirroring capabilities, then we recommend using one of the three third-party apps mentioned below:
1. DoCast – Best Chromecast iPhone Mirroring App
DoCast is a Chromecast screen mirroring iPhone application that consistently ranks as one of the best apps for screen mirroring and for good reason. It has a clean interface and provides an intuitive user experience. The clear prompts it shows when you launch it make it incredibly easy to connect Chromecast to your iPhone. All of these things help make it stand out from its competitors.
Screen mirroring with DoCast is fast and free from latency and ads. The free version allows you to mirror your phone’s screen for 15 minutes per session. It also has some very neat features, including auto-rotation, audio, and high video quality. You can customize these settings before you begin the screen mirroring session.
You can get the premium version for as low as $1.99 per week. The lifetime upgrade and yearly subscription plan come with a special gift, but you’ll only know what it is once you receive it!
Follow the steps below to learn how to use DoCast for screen mirroring:
2. Open the app and wait for it to search for your Chromecast device. Your iPhone must be on the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
3. Tap your Chromecast device.
4. On the main screen where you can see all the features, select Screen.
5. Customize the settings you see on the screen. These settings can only be changed before you begin a screen mirroring session.
6. Tap the record button at the bottom of the screen.
7. To start mirroring your iPhone’s screen, tap Start Broadcast.
- Free mirroring app with no ads
- Supports mirroring on Fire TV as well
- Lets you stream music to Chromecast
- Has audio support
- Can only mirror for 15 minutes per session in the free version
2. Replica – A User-Friendly Chromecast Screen Mirroring iPhone App
You can use it for screen mirroring, casting offline photos and videos, and online content through its built-in web browser.
On the free version of the app, you can mirror your phone’s screen for 15 minutes. The premium version, which includes unlimited screen mirroring, is available for $2.50 per month. You can try out the 3-day trial version before you decide to make any commitment.
If you enjoy using apps that have a minimalistic UI, then we recommend Replica.
Here’s how you can use Replica for screen mirroring:
1. First, download Replica from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and wait for it to find your Chromecast device. Make sure it’s on the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone.
3. Tap the Chromecast device you want to connect to.
4. Tap Screen Mirroring.
5. Tap Start Broadcast to start mirroring your phone’s screen.
- Offers a free 3-day trial
- Has a built-in browser
- Works with Tesla
- Frequently shows ads
3. TV Mirror+ – Minimalistic App for Chromecast Mirror on iPhone
TV Mirror+ is another app that has a minimalistic app design. The main screen displays just four tiles, two of which take you to the main features of the app – screen mirroring and web video casting.
You can’t cast offline content as you can with Replica, but we have no qualms about using the app for screen mirroring iPhone to Chromecast. It works quite well and all you have to do is connect the app to your Chromecast to get it working.
The only downside is that you have to watch ads on the free version of the app, but if you’re getting the premium version, then you won’t have to deal with any of that.
Here’s a quick overview of how you can use TV Mirror+ to mirror your phone’s screen:
1. Launch the app after downloading it from the App Store.
2. Let it look for your Chromecast device.
3. Connect to the streaming device once it’s been located.
4. Tap TV Mirror after the app takes you to the main dashboard.
5. Tap Start Broadcast and you’ll begin to see your phone’s screen on your TV.
- Specifically designed for screen mirroring
- Simple to use
- Lets you change the resolution and share audio
- Sometimes glitches when you switch between apps
4. Streamer for Chromecast TVs – iOS Mirror to Chromecast Offline and Online Content
Streamer for Chromecast TVs comes with a built-in browser that you can use to cast online videos. In addition to that, it also lets you cast offline media content such as videos, photos, and even music.
The app is equipped with a few other bonus features. For example, it allows you to use your iPhone’s camera on a Chromecast TV. Another unique feature included in this app is that it can transfer files from one device to another wirelessly.
Here’s how to screen mirror iPhone to Chromecast with Streamer for Chromecast TVs:
1. Download Streamer for Chromecast TVs from the App Store.
2. Give the app permission to use Bluetooth by tapping OK.
3. Now tap Screen Mirror on the main dashboard of the app.
4. A list will pop up showing all the Chromecast devices in your vicinity. Tap Connect next to your device.
5. Now tap Screen Mirror again.
6. Change the settings however you like. You can enable audio, adjust the resolution, and change the frame rate. Once you’re done, tap Start Mirroring.
7. Finally, tap Start Broadcast to start mirroring your iPhone’s screen.
- Has various extra features
- Allows mirroring and casting of online and offline content
- Supports audio
- Main dashboard feels cluttered
How to Use Google Home to Cast iPhone to Chromecast
Chromecast works with iPhone just as well as with any other device. You have to set it up using the Google Home app, after which you can cast photos and videos using compatible apps such as YouTube, Google Photos, and Spotify.
You must be on iOS 14, which means you can’t make Chromecast cast screen from iPhone 6 and below.
Note that you can’t mirror your iPhone with Google Home. You have to use a third-party iPhone Chromecast app (like the ones described above) to do that.
Here’s how to use Google Home to cast iPhone to Chromecast:
1. After turning the Chromecast device on, launch Google Home on your iPhone.
2. Log into Google Home with your Google account and choose your Home. This can either be the default one or you can create a new one with a custom name.
3. The app will then ask you to provide permission to access your location. Tap either Allow Once or Allow While Using App.
4. Give the app some time to search for your Chromecast device. In case it can’t find it, you can manually choose it by tapping Chromecast/Google TV.
5. A QR code will appear on your TV. Scan it with your iPhone to connect the device to the same Wi-Fi as your phone.
6. Now open any app that’s compatible with Chromecast. You can see the full list of Chromecast-compatible apps by clicking here. For this guide, we’ll be using YouTube.
7. Open any video on YouTube.
8. Tap the casting icon in the corner.
9. Pick the Chromecast device you just set up with Google Home.
10. Enjoy the video on your TV!
Is It Worth Using a Mirroring App?
Yes, it’s definitely worth using a mirroring app if you only have a Chromecast device and no Apple TV. Since Chromecast and AirPlay mirroring are two different technologies, you can’t directly mirror your iPhone’s screen to your TV if it’s not AirPlay 2-compatible. Using a third-party app with Chromecast is the best alternative.
It’s affordable, easy to set up, and free in most cases. Just pick one of the apps we’ve described above and connect it to your Chromecast.
Keep in mind that some apps may show ads and limit the amount of time you can mirror your iPhone’s screen if you’re on the free plan.
Another problem is that since these apps use the iPhone’s screen recording feature to connect to the TV, you won’t be able to mirror DRM-protected apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+.
Frequently Asked Questions
The reason why iPhone can’t screen mirror to Chromecast is because the protocols used by Apple and Google are different. The former uses AirPlay, which isn’t supported by Chromecast natively. The latter will only let you stream videos from compatible apps.
You can connect your iPhone to Chromecast using the Google Home app. It searches for nearby Chromecast devices and then connects it to the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. Once paired, you can start casting videos and mirroring your iPhone’s screen with the help of a third-party app such as DoCast.
To cast your iPhone to your TV with built-in Chromecast functionality, you need a third-party app such as DoCast. The app will connect to your TV and allow you to cast offline videos and photos and even mirror your phone’s entire screen.
Yes, you can easily mirror your iPhone’s screen to Chromecast with a third-party app like DoCast. With this app, you just have to make sure your iPhone and TV are connected to the same Internet connection. After that, you can start mirroring its screen using the steps we’ve mentioned above.