2. VLC Media Player
If you’re looking for a free music app for Mac, there are few that can compete with VLC Media Player. While it’s predominantly a video player, VLC also offers solid audio solutions for music lovers. You get the same incredible support for audio formats as you get with video, not to mention the seamless streaming capabilities, and the easy-to-use playlist manager. There’s not much else to say, except that it’s definitely worth a try, especially if you’re not interested in unnecessary expenditures. In that case, VLC will provide something simple and easy to use.
- Wide range of support for audio file formats
- Media manager helps to maintain a clean library
- Completely free to use and enjoy
- Tagging files may be finicky at times
- Very basic and minimal in features
- Design and UX feel outdated