Best Ways to Cast iPhone to Firestick in 2024
Planning a movie night but don’t want to watch anything on your iPhone’s tiny screen? Well, you can easily cast it to your Firestick device with the help of third-party apps. That’s what we are going to show you in this article.
You will learn about various apps along with clear step-by-step instructions on how to cast iPhone to Firestick using these apps.
Can You Cast from iPhone to Firestick With AirPlay?
Unfortunately, Fire Stick isn’t compatible with AirPlay. It is a small streaming device that uses Fire OS which is based on Android. The operating system is simply not compatible with Apple’s streaming protocol.
Fire TV, on the other hand, has a few models that support AirPlay. Some of these models include the Fire TV Toshiba 4K and the Fire TV Insignia 4K. With these TVs, you can seamlessly cast from iPhone natively.
Best Apps for Casting from iPhone to Firestick
That being said, it is possible to cast videos and even mirror your iPhone’s screen to Fire Stick with the help of third-party apps. We tested many such apps and have compiled a list of them here. Below, you will find our best recommendations:
DoCast is one of the best apps you can use to cast from iPhone to Firestick. What we like the most about this app is that it’s incredibly easy to use and doesn’t need to be installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. All you have to do to get it running is download it on your iPhone or iPad and then connect it to your streaming device.
This third-party app also works with the Google Chromecast device. Apart from casting videos and photos, you can also use it to stream music to Firestick, and share your iPhone or iPad’s screen. Note that in the free version of DoCast, you can only cast videos for 3 minutes per session and mirror your phone’s screen for 15 minutes per session.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to use DoCast:
2. Open the app and allow it to search for your Firestick device.
3. Select your Firestick when it appears in the app.
4. To cast a video to Firestick, tap Videos.
5. Select a video that you want to see on the big screen.
7. The video will begin to play on your Firestick.
There is virtually no lag when casting videos or mirroring your Apple device’s screen. You can set it up in just a matter of seconds. The premium version of DoCast starts from $1.99 per week, but if you choose the yearly plan or lifetime upgrade, you’ll receive a special gift.
- Doesn’t have to be downloaded on Firestick
- User-friendly and quick to set up
- Free version has no ads
- Unlimited photo casting in the free version
- Video casting can only be done for 3 minutes per session in the free version
⭐️ Our Rating: 5.0/5
2. Screen Mirroring | Smart TV
Screen Mirroring | Smart TV is another great option for those who want no-lag video casting without having to download the app on their Firestick. You can use this app to cast videos from a browser, your gallery, IPTV, and YouTube.
It also gives you the option to cast files from Google Drive and pictures from Google Photos, though this option may be more appealing for Google Chromecast users. As evident by the app’s name, you can also use it to mirror your iPhone or iPad’s screen to your Firestick.
Here’s a brief look at how to use it to cast iPhone to TV’s Firestick:
2. To cast videos, tap the Media tile.
3. Now select the video you want to cast and it will begin to play on the Firestick.
The app has another interesting feature called “Whiteboard”, which essentially lets you draw whatever you want on another screen. While the app has great functionality, we didn’t find it as intuitive as other apps. For example, there are no media playback options, so things like adjusting the volume can sometimes feel like a chore.
- Can cast videos from IPTV and YouTube
- Supports both online and offline casting
- Doesn’t show any ads
- Not a very intuitive app
⭐️ Our Rating: 4.0/5
3. TV Cast for Fire TV
If you want something that was made specifically for casting videos to Firestick and Fire TVs, we recommend checking out TV Cast for Fire TV. You can use this app to watch online videos from a browser and cast downloaded photos, videos, music, and files to a Firestick.
The app doesn’t have any other features, though. To mirror your phone’s screen, you have to download a separate app.
Here’s how to use TV Cast for Fire TV:
2. If an ad pops up, tap Back to Limited Version.
3. Tap the orange cast icon in the top-right corner to connect to your Firestick.
4. Now tap Personal Media.
5. At the bottom, you can choose what type of file to cast. Sometimes, you’ll find your videos in the Photos section. Keep in mind that the free version of the app will only show the three most recent photos and videos.
5. Select any video and it’ll begin casting on your Firestick.
There’s another add-on in the app which lets you control your Firestick remote, but it has to be downloaded as another app as well. Downloading multiple apps for similar features is not something most users enjoy. However, it’s worth checking out if you just want to cast videos.
- Made specifically for casting videos to Firestick
- Lets you cast both offline and online videos
- Has an add-on for controlling Firestick remote
- Add-ons are separate apps
- No screen mirroring
⭐️ Our Rating: 3.2/5
AirScreen is an app that’s built for Firesticks and Fire TVs that don’t support AirPlay. It’s compatible with various protocols, including AirPlay, Chromecast, and Miracast. There is no iOS version of this app, though. It only has to be downloaded on your Firestick through the app store.
Let’s take a look at how you can use AirScreen on your Firestick:
1. Download AirScreen through the app store on your Firestick. Alternatively, get it delivered straight to your Firestick via Amazon.
2. Open the app and you’ll see a QR code and a URL.
3. Scan the QR code with your iPhone and it’ll take you to the URL.
4. Tap the Entire screen if you want to mirror your phone’s screen. To share a specific app’s screen, tap In-app content.
5. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center.
6. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Tap your Firestick device from the list and you can start mirroring your phone’s screen to it.
In our opinion, AirScreen is an excellent option if you just want to watch videos and look at pictures on your Firestick, but there is noticeable latency, which means it may not be the right choice for gaming. Nonetheless, it’s a worthwhile app since you don’t have to download it on any device except the Firestick.
- Doesn’t need to be downloaded on your Apple device
- Works with multiple streaming protocols
- Has an appealing UI
- Noticeable latency in video casting
- Free version has ads
⭐️ Our Rating: 3.0/5
How to Cast on Firestick from iPad
Casting on Firestick from iPad follows a similar process as casting on the iPhone. All the third-party mirroring apps we have mentioned above can be used in a similar manner for the iPad. DoCast, for example, has the same features on iPad.
Here’s how you can use it to cast videos to Firestick:
2. Now give permission to the app to access your gallery by tapping Allow Access to All Photos.
3. Select the video you want to cast and you’re done!
Problems With Casting to Firestick. What to Do?
Firestick isn’t immune to errors. Below, we have listed some common problems you can encounter while casting to Firestick along with solutions to help resolve them:
- 📌 Wi-Fi connectivity – check if your Wi-Fi is working and also ensure that your iPhone/iPad and Firestick are connected to the same network.
- 📌 Disable VPN – if you are connected to a VPN server, your iPhone may not be able to detect your Firestick device. Make sure you disable the VPN connection before you begin casting videos.
- 📌 Update your Firestick – to update your Firestick device, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates. If there’s any update available, it’ll be automatically installed.
- 📌 Check your Firestick model – many apps don’t support Firestick Lite. To confirm the model of your Firestick, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About.
Casting to Firestick from an iPhone or an iPad shouldn’t be a difficult process. Thanks to third-party apps, you can easily do it even if your streaming device doesn’t support AirPlay.
There are many apps available, but the one we prefer is DoCast. To set it up, all you have to do is install it on your iPhone. There’s no need to download it on your Firestick. Once set up, you can easily make your iPhone cast to Firestick and start watching all your favorite videos on your TV!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can mirror your iPhone to Amazon Fire Stick. You’ll need a third-party app for it, though, since Firestick doesn’t have native AirPlay support. We recommend using DoCast as its free version lets you mirror for 15 minutes per session.
To connect your phone to your Amazon Firestick, you can use a third-party app. A third-party app such as DoCast will detect your Firestick if both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and you can then connect to it. Once connected, you can stream videos, photos, music, and share your iPhone’s screen to it.
On Android phones, there’s no need for any app as you can connect to your Firestick through either the “Connected devices” settings in your phone or the “Smart View” feature if you have a Samsung device. Just make sure you first enable the “Mirroring” option on your Firestick (press and hold the “Home” button and then select Mirroring in the menu that appears).
No, it is currently not possible to cast Netflix to a Firestick since it only has a casting icon for Chromecast devices. Since Netflix is a DRM-restricted service, you won’t be able to view it during a screen mirroring session. Luckily, Firestick has a Netflix app, so you can simply download it on your streaming device.
If you’re having trouble casting to your Firestick, it may be because of your Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your iPhone and Firestick are on the same Wi-Fi network and disable any VPN connections that may be running. Also check if you have a compatible Firestick model and its software is up-to-date.