Play FLV files with Elmedia Player
How to play FLV files on Mac
For a long time QuickTime Player was the FLV player for Mac that would be launched pretty much every time one got an FLV (Flash video) file to watch. Then FLV became a format ‘no longer supported’ by QuickTime Player. The problem for a while was kept at bay by Perian. This plugin enabled QuickTime to play several commonly used video formats that were not supported natively by QuickTime, including AVI.
Things worked just fine for Mac users till the Perian developers announced about their project shutdown and recommended looking for another FLV player that would handle Flash video files on Mac. So now to play an FLV file on the newest Mac OS X, you need to download a separate player for Mac.
Let us have a look at some of them
A free FLV player for Mac that apart from FLV supports virtually all known formats. FLV playback on Mac is fairly easy with this app.
- Download and install Elmedia Player as any other Mac app.
- Choose the videos to watch by adding FLV files to Player.(In Elmedia Player menu choose "File" -> "Open".)
- Enjoy your viewing experience, this FLV player offers many ways to enhance it – shape your audio tone, adjust video parameters such as brightness, saturation, etc., fit image into screen, control your playback speed and more. The Mac FLV player also allows you to create and manage playlists.
VLC player is actually a cross platform application that has a version for Mac. This Flash FLV player supports a large number of multimedia formats to be played on your Mac with no additional codecs required.
Installing and using it quite simple:
- Download and install VLC Player
- Launch it, click ‘File’ and select ‘Open File’
- Select a video for playback and enjoy watching it.
Elmedia Player for Mac
Version 6.6.0(980) (8th Sep, 2016) Release notes