An easy way to convert a YouTube video
to JPG on Mac
Every movie or cartoon you see on a computer screen or in a movie theater is actually made of a succession of still images (frames). When these frames are played after each other at the high speed rate you don't even notice them transitioning into each other, so smoothly it goes.
The majority of videos are filmed at the rate of 24-30 images per second, and this rate is measured in FPS which means frames-per-second. A total of images (frames) in a movie reaches hundreds of thousands. You can always make a quick screenshot of your computer screen if you want to try and catch some image of the movie, but there is a more precise way to do it. Did you know you can extract a succession of movie frames or even convert the whole movie into the series of images? These things can be done with the help of special software. We absolutely recommend Elmedia Player PRO as a YouTube to JPG converter for Mac. Actually Elmedia Player PRO can convert a YouTube video to JPG on Mac or to such formats as GIF, TIFF, or PNG.
To extract JPG from a YouTube video on Mac do the following:
- Download, install free Elmedia Player.
- Open the app and enjoy the free version. Then for capturing frames you'll need to upgrade it to PRO version with the activation code that you can purchase from the developer's website.
- Now you'll need to download YouTube video so you can make the best screenshots ever. Go to browser mode of Elmedia and paste the YouTube link there. Choose the file format to save video in and download it.
- While the video is downloading, you can set the location for your future screenshots in Capture tab in Preferences. Choose JPG image type
from the list.
- After the video is on your hard drive and is opened in Elmedia click Playback → Take Screenshot to start making screenshots. Each time you hit this button, a screenshot is saved to the destination you specified earlier.
To simply convert the complete video into the series of JPG images, click Playback → Record a Series of Screenshots in the main menu. To stop making screenshots click the same option again.
Version 7.0(1618) (28th Nov, 2018) Release notes