The way to grab images from the screen that we all know is as simple as trying to pause the movie at the right moment and then using the usual hotkey combo making a screenshot. It works, yes, but it is not the most precise way to do so. It is not that easy to catch the right moment with a good quality of image.
Here is a great solution to convert video
to Gif on Mac
to Gif on Mac
With Elmedia Player PRO making snapshots of any movie moments is rather easy and produces a great result that can be saved in GIF format in any folder on
Before you can convert YouTube video to GIF on your Mac, you'll need to download this video to your hard drive:
- Download Elmedia Player and upgrade it to PRO version by entering an activation code that you can buy from developer's website.
- Open Elmedia Player PRO and switch to browser mode.
- Paste the YouTube link and click Enter.
- Out of suggested file formats choose the one you want to save your video in
Now that you have your video on your Mac you are ready to make a GIF from YouTube video. This is how you do it:
- Start the playback of a downloaded video.
- Open Preferences -> Capture.
- There select GIF format from the list.
- Set the interval for screenshots from 0,1 sec to 10 sec or choose the "Frame by frame" option.
- Click Playback and then Record a Series of Screenshots in the main menu. This will initiate the making of screenshots. Hit the same option to stop.
- In case you only need a single screenshot, just right-click on the movie during playback and choose Take Screenshot option.
Additionally to GIF format, you can save images as JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
As you can see you can make a GIF from pretty much any video you have on your computer thanks to Elmedia Player PRO. And then if you want to make this GIF into an animated one, we can recommend you one of the following methods:
- gifmaker.me This is a very convenient online service where you'll need to choose images that you want to make into animated GIF. Preview the resulting animation and download it in GIF format if everything works out for you. This service also offers other options, like: Create Video Animation, Create Frame Animation, Combine Animated GIFs.
- makeagif.com Pretty much the same service, however the GIF animation you created stays online. This is like a social platform for GIFs where you can see animations created by others and like and share the ones you liked most. This service lets you create GIF from a video, webcam footage, etc.
- gifcreator.me Last but not least, this service lets you resize your GIF animations, change the speed and reorganize the frames.
Version 7.6(1831) (30th Sep, 2019) Release notes