Best YouTube facts you didn't know about. Your ultimate YouTube Guide.
YouTube is huge. Really huge. You just wouldn't believe how boundlessly gigantic it actually is.
To many of us, YouTube is just a website with a good selection of music videos, funny videos, how-to instructions, etc. Also it is a good place for blogs and entertainment videos. But there is more to it, so go on reading about YouTube tricks and tips.
- YouTube hosts a diverse, multicultural society! With over a billion of users, it has over a third of the entire population of the web.
- YouTube is translated into 76 different languages (which is 95% of the Internet population).
- An average of 40 minutes watching of content is spent by YouTube app mobile users every time they open the app.
- The top YouTube searches are for “Minecraft”, “Frozen”, “Drake”, “Beyonce”, “PewDiePie”, “Happy” and “Eminem”, with Minecraft topping at 75%.
- The music video for 'Gangnam Style' broke YouTube's view counter - it had to be upgraded. We can all aim at 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 plays now.
- When youtube.com registered the domain in 2005, they upset an Ohio-based company Universal Tube and Rollform Equipment. The company's utube.com website got a lot of confused visitors. They even tried to sue YouTube before moving on to utubeonline.com.
- The very first video was uploaded by one of the co-founders, Jawed Karim, to simply check how everything works. It was a video of him watching elephants at the zoo and was called simply “Me At The Zoo”.
- Search for "Do the Harlem shake" on YouTube.com and wait for the page itself to do the harlem shake.
- The most popular search for a tutorial on YouTube is "How to Kiss".
- The most asked question about YouTube is - “How to download video from YouTube”
YouTube Hacks Everyone Wants To Know
- Search for #artistname to get to a musician’s topic page.
- Just add “GIF” to the beginning of a YouTube link:
And you’ll be taken to GIF YouTube, where you can add your GIF, set the length, and add captions for it.
- When the Autoplay is on (blue slider), recommended videos will play non-stop until you leave YouTube. The “Autoplay” button is at the top right corner of the page and you just need to click it to disable. The slider will turn grey.
- You can use Google’s Video Quality Report to determine the quality of video your Internet provider supports. This service can also compare your speed to other providers in the area. It offers you the information on which ISPs are most equipped to handle high-definition streaming.
- Try these hotkeys!
- k = pause or play
- j = rewind 10 seconds
- l = fast-forward 10 seconds
- m = mute
- Number 0 = go to the beginning of the video
- Numbers 1 to 9 = jump to 10% to 90% of the video
- + = make caption font larger
- - = make caption font smaller
- If you don't have time right now, start the video, click “Add to” > select “Watch Later”.
- The YouTube Kids app (free, iOS and Android) hosts only kid-friendly videos.
- If it takes forever for your videos to load, try changing the streaming quality for your account. In youtube.com/account_playback choose the option: “I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video”.
- You can play a video in slow motion by clicking the gear icon > Speed > select “.5” or “.25”.
- Download Airy app to your computer and open it.
- Paste a link to a YouTube video, channel, or playlist into the box in Airy. To download multiple videos at once, just paste multiple YouTube links into the URL box.
- Select the preferred video format to save a video in. And the cool thing is, you can extract the soundtrack out of the video without having to download the video itself. Just choose MP3 from the list of formats.
- Click Download.
These were the top YouTube tips for beginners and more advanced users. We surely hope you'll have lots of fun knowing more facts about everyone's favorite video hosting resource.
Airy for Mac
Version 3.3.179 (14th Dec, 2017) Release notes