2. iTube Downloader for extracting audio from YouTube
iTube by Aimersoft offers quite a lot of functions, but we wouldn’t say they’re integrated into each other in the best possible way. There are download, convert, and record options available for a number of popular websites. As a YouTube audio ripper app, it does the job well and converts songs to several audio file types. You can also batch download multiple files or playlists. However, the interface may need some getting used to, and some options require quite a bit of clicking.
How do you use this app?
- Open a YouTube video.
- At the same time, launch iTube.
- Copy & paste or drag & drop the YouTube URL to iTube.
- Adjust the settings as necessary.
- Begin the download.
- Switch over to the Convert tab, then choose the respective file you wish to convert.
- Select the desired output format and click Convert.
iTube Downloader Pros and Cons
- Good selection of formats
- Handy as a standalone converter
- Records live streams off your screen
- Downloads can’t be auto-converted to all file types
- High price
Price:19$ for a year-long subscription and 29$ for a lifetime license.