With our phones always at hand, we take multiple photos each day. And then there are not only phones, but tablets too, which sometimes makes it hard to remember where to look for the image you want to share - on your phone, on tablet, or maybe you already copied it to Mac. It is much easier to sync images right away and be able to access them on any device. SyncMate will help you with that!
Get to know SyncMate Expert
SyncMate Expert is a popular synchronization software for syncing Photos albums on Mac with albums on Android devices. It is easy to manage photo albums with SyncMate: create albums and move photos among the albums. Read more on Android & Mac synchronization here.
How to sync photos on Mac with Android
The process is very straight-forward with SyncMate:
- Download SyncMate and install it on your Mac. Open the app.
- Photos plugin is available in Expert edition - upgrade your SyncMate to Expert. You can get your activation code here (we recommend testing SyncMate Free Edition first - it syncs contacts and calendars).
- In app's left pane click ‘Add New’, select your Android device and connect it to your computer.
- Click the "+" in the top panel and select “Photos” from the plugins list; go through the sync settings (albums or folders on Mac and device, direction of sync direction, etc.).
- If you need to convert images before syncing you can do so.
- Click “Sync” to initiate the process. Due to specifics of Photos library structure, it may freeze when syncing more than 5K images/50 albums..
Additionally to Android devices you can sync your Mac with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, other Macs, online accounts and storages (iCloud, Dropbox, Google), Windows services (Outlook, Office 365 Home and Business editions).
More info on supported devices/accounts and sync options is here.
SyncMate requires OS X 10.10 and is compatible with Android 5.x-10.x devices and iOS 5.x-13.x devices.
More How To's
- Syncing contacts in Android with Contacts on Mac
- How to sync music and videos in Music on Mac with Android
- Sync Safari bookmarks on Mac with bookmarks on Android devices
- Synchronize folders on Mac with Android devices
- How to sync Android calendar with Mac
- How to sync music on Mac with your Android
- Android file transfer for Mac: mount Android devices as Mac disks
- Sync your Mac and Android automatically
- Back up your Android personal data on Mac
- How to manage Android SMS on Mac