Savevid is a great tool to download videos from popular social and video platforms, like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo, eHow, Facebook, MySpace, etc. The formats that Savevid downloads in are AVI, FLV, MOV, MPG, WMV. This service is so popular because it is free. It is also pretty easy to use. All you need to do to get a video from supported website is copy and paste the video link to download bar, then click "Download" button and choose the file type and quality to save in.
All of it looks so perfect, so why look for Savevid alternative on Mac? Well, sometimes it just doesn't download. E.g. when you are trying to save a video from YouTube and keep getting the "Could not find any download links or site not supported" message. In this case a reliable video downloader Savevid alternative is a must.
Software solution as a Savevid alternative is very efficient and reliable. In case with the app even if you have some issues you can always contact tech support and they will try to help you immediately. We'd like to pay your attention at Elmedia Player PRO by Eltima Software. First of all it is a free media player for Mac that supports most of the formats you can come across. PRO version of this app is a high-quality video downloader that supports pretty much any website that pops into head.
To download any video with Elmedia Player PRO do this:
- Open the application, activate PRO version with the code that you can get
- Switch the player to its browser mode (Window → Browser) in the main menu.
- Paste the link and click Enter.
- Select the file you want to save from the list under the video and click Download.
- If you only want to save the sound rather than the video, switch to the Audio tab and choose the audio format to save in.
Second Savevid alternative for Mac
If you are a fan of YouTube and basically need to download from it and nothing else, then you may be interested in this YouTube Savevid alternative. Airy is the light little app that can download from YouTube in a couple of clicks:
- just paste the video link into Airy;
- choose the file type;
- click Download.
You can add a bunch of links at a time too. Airy also supports channel and playlist download. Free version of Airy lets you download first two videos, if you feel this app is working out for you, you can buy your copy for a reasonable price.
Folx is another handy utility that is first and foremost a download manager. That means it will easily download videos from YouTube. Folx lets you manage your downloads and in PRO version can send all downloaded content straight to iTunes playlists. Well, Savevid can't do anything like that.
Here is how to download a YouTube video with Folx:
- Paste a YouTube link to the Folx window and press Enter.
- You can make some adjustments:
- ★ Assign tags to downloads for easier location of the files.
- ★ Select the destination folder.
- ★ Choose whether the download will start automatically, manually or on schedule.
- ★ Select the video format.
TIP: It is easy to search for downloaded files via Spotlight.
These apps make a great alternative to Savevid on Mac and though not free they provide such a good quality that you might never want to go back to online services like Savevid.
Version 3.10.242 (25th Sep, 2019) Release notes