YouTube can be recorded either with a desktop sound recorder or with the help of an MP3 conversion app. We will explore both of these ways. It bears mentioning that a converter will copy music faster and with more options. After the music has been recorded, it can be listened to even if you don't have an active connection. It can be sent to a portable device and played on the go. The options below should help you record YouTube music.
There’s hardly a better way to record music from YouTube than a desktop recorder. It’s usually the best (and the only) way to get a combination of quality, reliability, safety, and feature richness. Not to mention the frequent updates and solid support. These tools may well become your go-to choice to record video and audio content from YouTube on your macOS or Windows device.
1. Download Airy and install it. You get two free downloads with the trial version; if you want any more, activate the full version.
2. Open a YouTube video, a playlist or a channel that you’d like to download. Copy the link to your clipboard. Finally, paste it in Airy.
3. In the drop-down list, choose the MP3 option. Keep in mind that simultaneous downloads will take longer to process.
4. Click the Download button and you’re all done with your YouTube audio record.
ClipGrab is a free open-source downloader & converter app that’s quite straightforward. It works with YouTube, but also Vimeo, Facebook, and various other online streaming sites. It can record sound from YouTube in the form of MP3 or OGG files. You can select a quality option as well. In order to just record audio off YouTube, the video file will be downloaded and then converted to an audio format. ClipGrab does not integrate with your browser, but offers a clipboard monitoring function which detects any compatible URLs you copy. For more info on how to record mp3 from YouTube, see below.
The internet is bustling with suggestions on how to record audio from YouTube. Though they are plentiful, beware! So is malware. Caution is the name of the game. If you’re willing to tolerate high risks, low speeds, and a lack of features, consider the following options below.
Like most online downloaders, using this one is a simple affair. And the experience is somewhat spiced up with a neat interface. It has a hint of modernity and a smartphone UI design.
As you’d expect, there are few options to convert the downloaded clips, so in the end, it’s just an adequate tool to record audio from YouTube. Don’t expect a digital masterpiece or anything, but at least it’s safe.
How to download YouTube audio on Mac in a flash? This is definitely not the best option! It’s the same deal as the previous one - adequate, with sparse features and limited to one video at a time.
Oddly enough, the developers bothered to include a dark theme, but not any choices for quality or format outside of a simple MP4-MP3 switch. Use this service as a fallback - beats getting a malware infection.
QuickTime is Apple’s default player which is bundled with macOS, hence, it’s used quite commonly by Mac users. Apart from its various playback features, it allows you to record your screen, complete with audio, or just create an audio recording. So, essentially, you can record audio off of YouTube too.
For information on how to record sound from YouTube with QuickTime, follow the instructions below, as it can be quite a complex process.
1. Install loopback audio on your Mac (it’s a free extension).
2. Open the media that you wish to capture on your screen. It can be in an application or in a browser (use Firefox or Chrome instead of Safari). Go back to at least 5 seconds before where you want to start the recording. This should allow the app to hide its controls from the screen, so they don’t mess up your recording. Do not press play yet.
3. Then, go to System Preferences/Sound. For sound Output, select Loopback Audio as the device for sound output. (You won’t hear any sound from your Mac’s applications at this point, but don’t be alarmed).
4. Go to QuickTime Player and select File/New Screen Recording.
5. Specify whether you want to record your entire screen or just a portion of it by selecting either the icon with the solid or dotted line. Then, hit the Record button.
6. Click on the Options menu to see a drop-down list. Select the appropriate audio source for the task, i.e. Loopback Audio.
7.Go to the original application that’s ready to play your video and press play. Reminder: You should have it set to 5 seconds before the part you’d like to record.
When you’d like to complete your recording: