Watching all those great videos on YouTube with great soundtracks makes you want to save the audio files and listen to them in the car or on the computer when you don't have Internet connection available. Look no further, here you'll find how to do it in different ways and will be able to make a choice in favor of the most suitable method for you.
- The most efficient way
- Top YouTube audio extractor
- Download manager
- Browser extension
- Online solution
Top YouTube audio ripper - Elmedia Player PRO
Elmedia Player is a do-it-all media app that can play a wide range of audio and video file types. Elmedia Player also has a PRO version available. It offers a lot of convenient possibilities that include video downloading as well as extracting audio from videos, in other words you can rip audio from video. Additionally to YouTube other video hosting services are supported, e.g. Metacafe, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. When you actually need a sound instead of a heavy video file, you can easily download it in MP3, M4A or other supported format.
Another great YouTube audio extractor - Airy for Mac
If your number one choice for online videos is YouTube, then extracting audio for you will be easy with Airy - a neat YouTube downloader for Mac. It is easy to rip audio from YouTube with this app.
- Download and open Airy.
- Copy the link to the video that has the soundtrack you want to download.
- Then paste the link into Airy and choose the suitable format to save audio file in.
- After you click "Download" button it will be just moments before you get the file you wanted!
Airy can download the complete playlists and channels from YouTube. Its free version allows two downloads which is usually enough to decide whether the app is something you want to invest in.
Folx is offered in Free and PRO versions and performs really well for the app of this type. It is not as simple to operate as Airy, but it is a wider spectrum solution that is also good if you need to extract audio from YouTube on Mac.
- Download and install Folx. Now you have a powerful and flexible download manager for your Mac.
- Activate PRO version by entering an activation code.
- Paste the link of a YouTube video in "Quick Add" box and click the button next to it.
- In the next window you can assign tags to the downloaded video, set the exact time to download the file; select the quality and format or choose to extract audio.
- Сlick Add button and the task will be queued according to the schedule you selected
One example of a Chrome browser extension would be FVD Video Downloader. It allows you to download video and audio files from most of the websites. Those include Facebook, Vimeo, Veoh, Blip, Metacafe, Dailymotion.
The big drawback of this plugin is that downloading of YouTube videos is locked because of restrictions of the Chrome Store. So if the video you want to extract audio from is hosted exclusively on YouTube, you'll need to use one of the solutions above.
Online Service solution
It is always possible to try free online solutions that offer conversion of video files to audio formats. For example there is this one: http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3
Here is how you do it:
- Paste the video link into an appropriate field;
- Select the preferred settings (Change audio bitrate, rate, etc.);
- Click "Convert file".
Sometimes even an online tool can be of some help.
Version 3.20.310 (26 Oct, 2020) Release notes