How to stream audio and video media with Elmedia Player PRO
In this article you can find out how to AirPlay from iPhone, how to AirPlay from iPad, how to AirPlay from Mac with Elmedia PRO. This app will also let you AirPlay YouTube and AirPlay Android media. Elmedia Player is a standout app that can act as an AirPlay receiver and AirPlay sender and to stream music and videos to AirPlay devices and vice versa.
How to AirPlay from iOS devices to Mac with Elmedia Player PRO
- Download, install and launch free Elmedia Player.
- Upgrade the app to its PRO version. To do that obtain a licensed version of the player and enter the activation code into it.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and your Mac with installed Elmedia Player PRO to the same WiFi network.
- Select a music file to start streaming.
- For iOS 9 or earlier users. Swipe up to open Control Center, tap AirPlay and select the device to send your audio to your Elmedia Player.
- For iOS 10 users. Open Control Сenter: swipe up from the bottom of the screen, swipe left to access the media controls, tap the output icon (triangle with radiating circles) and choose Elmedia Player to transmit audio files to.
- Start streaming now.
Note: Currently in iOS 9,10 devices only audio streaming is offered by Elmedia. This requires the Speaker Mode option in Preferences to be active. Both video and audio can be streamed in iOS 6/7/8.
- If you are going to stream videos and music from Android to Mac, install AirAudio, AllCast, AllConnect on your Android device from Play Market to activate AirPlay function.
How to Airplay from Mac to Mac with Elmedia Player PRO
- Download free Elmedia Player and install it on both Mac computers.
- Upgrade the player to PRO version on both Mac machines by entering the activation code that you get after purchasing the licensed version.
- Locate the video that you are going to AirPlay.
- Open the video in Elmedia PRO.
- Press AirPlay icon on Control Panel in Elmedia Player window to choose the device.
Choose device with Elmedia Player PRO on Control Panel
Note: Please note that at this moment Elmedia Player cannot connect to tvOS 10.2, because
it does not support Device Verification. We are doing our best to provide a solution
as soon as possible.
- The device you are streaming to will get the “Access requested” prompt.
- Allow the access to start streaming.
How to AirPlay YouTube Videos from Mac to Mac or Apple TV
- Download and install free Elmedia Player.
- Buy a license and enter the activation code in Elmedia Player to get the PRO version features.
- Find the video on YouTube and copy the link to clipboard.
- Enter the link in Open Online Video section to start playing the video.
- Click AirPlay icon in Elmedia control panel (where Play/Pause controls are) and choose the device to stream to (Apple TV or Mac with an app that supports AirPlay).
- Allow the “Access requested” prompt that you'll get on a receiving side to start your streaming.
Note: Elmedia Player PRO can currently stream all popular formats (except for VIDEO_TS, SWF, EXE). The app automatically detects embedded subtitles and associated subtitle files. Both are supported in a wide range of formats.
By the way you can save videos from YouTube on your Mac with the help of Elmedia easily: switch to browser mode, locate the YouTube video and click Download. Choose the file format to download in. With the help of Elmedia Player PRO you can actually save the whole YouTube playlist on your Mac!
Elmedia Player for Mac
Version 6.7.2(1068) (27th Mar, 2017) Release notes