You've probably already come across AirPlay feature on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or any Mac or Windows PC running iTunes. AirPlay is a wireless streaming protocol that is by far one of the most popular and the most recognized.
Basically AirPlay is a way to wirelessly stream music and movies all over your home network. This is very convenient as you can only have one instance of a video or an audio file and watch it on any participating device.
The support for AirPlay is quite profound in Elmedia Player. As an AirPlay sender it'll stream local music and videos from Mac to Apple TV or another AirPlay enabled devices (e.g. another Mac computer, Android devices, etc). Elmedia Player can also work as an AirPlay receiver when you stream local videos and music from an AirPlay device (it can be another Mac, iOS, Android device) to a Mac with Elmedia Player installed.
You can also stream web videos to AirPlay enabled devices with the help of Elmedia Player. When you AirPlay online videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo, Elmedia can stream them without the in-built ads that you would otherwise have to watch or wait to skip.
Note: Currently for devices running iOS 9 and later Elmedia offers audio streaming only.
1. Supports streaming videos of up to 4K quality. In case of using Apple TV it should be Apple TV 4K.
2. Streams audio and video files in their original format or transcodes in real time. This way you won't need to convert files that are originally not compatible with AirPlay, Elmedia will still stream them anyway.
3. Supports subtitles (both embedded and external)
4. Streams content from YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo (via the Open Online Video option).
5. Supports playlists (queue up a bunch of videos in Elmedia Player to watch in succession).
6. Gives you full control over media streaming directly in the app. You can play, pause, seek, or stop the video playback, as well as adjust the volume.
Note: Free Elmedia offers 1 minute of streaming music and videos to AirPlay devices and vice versa. If you like it and need more you can upgrade to Elmedia Player PRO.
If you need the detailed instructions on how to AirPlay on Mac and from Mac using Elmedia Player, visit this webpage.