Download Music from YouTube on your Mac
It is not iTunes or Spotify that is the world's most popular music channel, it is actually YouTube. 300 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube every minute! A lot of those hours is music videos. What I like about YouTube, it can create a mix of songs like the one you are listening to and matches your taste. And as much as it is convenient to listen to YouTube music on Mac, it is not that convenient on a portable device like iPad or iPod. However there is a solution that can make it convenient - a good YouTube music downloader for Mac that will be able to not just download the video but extract an MP3 file from it. Read on and find the best music YouTube downloader Mac app for you.
Best solutions to download YouTube music
Airy is a great YouTube downloader for Mac. You can download it and easily install on your Mac. Free Airy allows two downloads, and if you want unlimited downloading from YouTube, you can choose to activate full version.
- Open YouTube video you want to download in a web browser.
- Paste the YouTube address in Airy, select MP3 from the list of formats. Click Download.
- You can integrate Airy with your web browser, so that when you are on youtube.com and see a video you want to save, just click the Airy bookmark to have the video ready for download.
- MP3 files downloaded with Airy are placed in its folder in Downloads. Just click the Finder button by the file name in Airy to find its location.
- Airy allows downloading YouTube music in a batch.
- You can download the whole playlist or channel.
- Download age-restricted music (simply log in to your YouTube account).
A nice alternative to Airy is Elmedia Player for Mac. Not only can it be a YouTube music downloader for Mac, but it also is a great player for the downloaded content.
Elmedia Player can also download the complete playlists and channels from YouTube.
Here is how you download Youtube music on Mac with Elmedia:
- Download and install free Elmedia and then activate its PRO version with an activation code that you can get from developers website.
- Paste the YouTube link into the player and press Enter.
- Choose the file from the list and choose MP3 format for it.
- After being downloaded, files are saved in Downloads folder. However, you can set any location in Preferences.
And if you decided you are going to use Airy as your YouTube music downloader, you can still use free Elmedia as a media player as it supports a great variety of file formats.
Also there are online services for downloading from YouTube. Let's talk about Clipconverter. It is very easy to use: paste the YouTube link in it, choose the file format and click Download button.
Another service is www.youtube-mp3.org one. You need to find the video on YouTube, then right click it and select 'Copy video URL' option.
We hope you'll now be able to get your favorite YouTube music and enjoy it endlessly not depending on the Internet connection. Feel free to comment!
Airy for Mac
Version 3.2.175 (3rd Feb, 2017) Release notes