Isn't it a big variety of resolutions out there? What is the difference? Why does it matter? It really does make a difference, when you think of most common resolutions for TV's smartphones, and computer monitors. But there are some important factors affecting the resolution for different conditions.
So what are those resolutions? 4K refers to the horizontal resolution on the order of 4000 pixels, while 8K is a supposed successor to 4K and refers to horizontal resolution of 8000 pixels. 8K is also called Super Hi-Vision. An 8K resolution allows filmmakers to shoot from a distance for example when wildlife is involved, so that one can zoom and crop digitally in post-production and match a smaller resolution for current standard HD televisions: 4K, 1080p, and 720p.
For a regular person to tell 4K resolution from a 1080p, one needs to sit fairly close to a large screen. Even though 4K (8.3 million pixels) and 1080p (2.1 million pixels) feel like a large gap in between, most viewers won't tell the difference.
Just have a look at this comprehensive chart that shows exactly how large a screen needs to be and how close you need to be in order to really benefit from the extra pixels:
From the above chart we can understand this:
- If you’re thinking to get a large TV (over 50 inches), go for a higher resolution or consider sitting farther from the display while watching movies.
- If the display is going to be small, 720p should be enough unless you’re going to sit really close to it.
- If you nearsighted consider going for 720p. If farsighted you might want a higher resolution.
Download high quality videos from YouTube
Now that you know what resolution you need, you can download high quality videos from YouTube. Airy app is what you need for this - it is a great YouTube 1080p downloader that can also download YouTube 720p videos on Mac.
- First of all download Airy from Eltima website. Install it and launch.
- Go to youtube.com and copy the link to the video you want to save to your computer.
- Paste copied link into Airy.
- Choose the high resolution video from the drop-down menu 720, 1080, 2160 or 4320p.
- Click Download button and wait for a few minutes for video to download.
Version 3.10.242 (25th Sep, 2019) Release notes