Create iPhone Ringtone from YouTube on Mac
iPhones are everywhere these days and with standard ringtones you never know whose phone is ringing. Now wouldn't it be wonderful to make iPhone ringtone from YouTube video? Converting YouTube to iPhone ringtone is perfect because you have the best music videos, inspirational and motivational talks, audio books and whatnot right at your fingertips.
Here’s how to make iPhone ringtone with Airy
- Download and install Airy on your Mac. You can find download link on this page. The installation is as usual for Mac apps.
- Open YouTube and choose the video you want to download. Paste the link in Airy, choose MP3 from the list. Click Download.
- The MP3 will be saved in Airy folder in your Downloads. Click Finder button by the file in Airy and the file will be shown.
- Add the MP3 file to iTunes.
- Right-click on it. Choose "Get Info" to view the file properties.
- There you can customize ringtone/text tone/alerts length. Go to "Options" tab. Fill in the "Start" and "Stop" time to extract the portion of the music file. This is because iPhone ringtone can be no longer than 40 seconds.
- Right-click on the song again and choose "Create AAC Version". iTunes will save the file in M4A format that will appear in the iTunes.
- Now change your M4A file extension to M4R. Once saved, drag the file from the folder to your desktop.
- Go back to iTunes and delete the AAC version you created before.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and go to iTunes. Click the three dots next to your phone and select Tones in the menu.
- Drag the M4R tone you created from the desktop to the Tones section.
- Click on the iPhone icon and go to Tones -> Sync Tones -> Selected Tones -> and select your tone. Sync your phone.
- On your phone, go to Settings -> Sounds -> Ringtones and choose your new ringtone.
And that is it. This is how you convert YouTube video to iPhone ringtone and this is how you stand out from the crowd!
Airy for Mac
Version 3.3.179 (13th Dec, 2017) Release notes