Best YouTube downloader Mac app for offline video view
YouTube is only aimed to show the online videos while you are connected to Internet. But there are so many cases when users need to save favorite YouTube videos on their computer so they can access the videos even when offline.
The fastest way to download YouTube videos would be Elmedia Player PRO - a YouTube downloader for Mac OSX of the best quality. Elmedia supports the videos embedded via HTML5, streaming RTMP videos and is a great YouTube downloader for HD on Mac. If you use it once, you'll certainly agree that it is the best YouTube downloader for Mac of 2016!
Read the steps below to know how to use the fastest YouTube downloader for Mac and how to get your favorite online videos to your hard drive.
How to save YouTube videos on Mac OS X
With Elmedia Player PRO, you can save YouTube videos to your computer, including complete YouTube playlists. If a downloaded video has subtitles, Elmedia will also save them along in an .srt format.
1. Download, install and open the free Elmedia Player app.
2. Upgrade it to PRO version by purchasing a license and entering activation code into the free player.
3. Switch from player mode to browser mode by clicking Window → Browser in the main menu.
4. Paste a YouTube URL and press Enter.
5. Select the file to save and click Download.
You have a possibility to select the preferred video format and resolution.
6. This top best youtube downloader mac app also offers a brilliant option of extracting the sound without saving the whole YouTube video for those cases when all you need is an MP3. Before downloading simply switch to the Audio tab and choose the audio format.
The default location for your files is the Downloads folder on Mac. You can easily customize it in General tab in Preferences.
Note: You can download the complete YouTube playlists with Elmedia Player PRO. Just switch to Playlists tab while in a specific YouTube account, click a playlist and wait for it to get parsed. Use the "Download All" button.
Free Elmedia Player supports pretty much any file type, so you can play your saved files there and enjoy lots of handy options.
Elmedia Player for Mac
Version 6.8(1098) (Jul 25, 2017) Release notes