Top 12 apps available from Mac App Store
- Elmedia Player
- Folx GO
- Commander One
- Affinity photo
- Airmail 3
- Dr. Cleaner
Setting up a comfortable environment on your Mac is important. You'll need applications that can make you more productive, save time, and will be secure enough to keep your data protected. Look around and you'll see tons of useful, colorful and captivating programs for your computer, but certain apps are a must - you just need to have them. Let's have a look at top 12 apps available from Mac App Store that promise you better productivity, communication, media management, and more.
1. Elmedia Player - this audio and video player for Mac OS can play pretty much any file type you want - audio or video. Among formats supported: FLV, SWF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, MKV. Elmedia offers hardware acceleration decoding for smooth and brilliant playback of HD videos without loading the computer processor at the same time. One can mirror, flip, rotate, or change aspect ratio without having to stop the movie. Elmedia Player also supports AirPlay for streaming and receiving of content.
2. Folx GO - this free download manager is an ideal tool for those who constantly download content and need all of it to be properly managed and organized without a lot of effort. Folx GO will automatically resume downloads in case they were stopped or interrupted, split the downloads in threads for faster downloading, store the downloaded content according to the assigned tags (each download can have multiple tags assigned to it, which allows locating the files easily even if they were downloaded ages ago). Also the downloads can be scheduled to a certain time and date. Super convenient!
3. 1Password - this app creates unique and strong passwords for your various websites accounts and will log you in with just a click. 1Password vault can be synced across mobile devices and computers. You can also trust your insurance numbers, bank accounts, and credit card details to this utility. It can store serial numbers for other software that wasn't purchased through the Mac App Store.
4. Evernote - this app is super versatile. Use it as your digital file cabinet, notepad, recipe book, journal, task management system, and more. It is very easy to switch among different notes and notebooks, with convenient search and neat organization. Evernote uses a cloud to store and share documents, spreadsheets, images, videos and even voice recordings. It allows you to import handwritten notes or clip webpages from the web.
5. Commander One - this one is a true successor to the legendary dual-panel Total Commander and was approved as one by Christian Ghisler himself. Also a quality highly professional alternative to Finder. Besides file management, it also has a built-in FTP and WebDAV clients, iOS and Android file browser, can compress and extract files. You can search through archives without extracting them, mount the cloud storage accounts as your local disks, manage system processes and execute commands in built-in Terminal Emulator.
6. Affinity photo - it is a good Photoshop alternative with the same vast choice of pro-level features. The app supports PSD files as well as JPEG, GIF, PNG, and TIFF and offers raw support, 16-bit channel editing, advanced lens correction, Liquify and red eye removal tools, custom brushes creation, etc. Affinity photo offers panorama merging and multiple live filters. Also has six extensions for Apple Photos.
7. Uplet - this app is for Instagram's avid users. As it is not always an option to share just one photo directly from your phone right at the moment it was taken, Uplet lets you share to Instagram from Mac. Moreover you can share multiple images at a time. You can share higher-resolution images, with the possibility to crop them or keep the original size. Also typing captions is easier from your computer.
8. Airmail 3 - it is a fantastic email client providing you with your emails without any interruption. Airmail easily integrates with 21 services, including Dropbox, Box, Fantastical, 2Do, Todoist, Wunderlist, OmniFocus, Trello, BusyCal, Droplr. One of the main advantages of this app is how you can sort through your emails: unread, starred, attachments, conversations, and particular dates, and lots of other parameters up to your requirements.
9. Dr. Cleaner - this is an optimization tool for your Mac OS disk and memory. It will help you get rid of duplicate files, junk files, etc. It also optimizes the memory usage greatly by getting back memory from closed apps and notifying you of the apps that consume the most of memory resources. Definitely a must-have.
10. CloudMounter - this handy macOS utility offers increasing your hard drive space in its own way. It allows you to mount online storages on your Mac as local disks. You can work with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Amazon S3 accounts as if all data that they store was saved right on your hard drive. CloudMounter can also connect you to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers. Unlike native clients of the cloud storages, CloudMounter does not sync your files to your computer and doesn't take up space there, instead you are working with online files directly from Mac Finder.
11. Typeeto - this little app makes your Mac’s keyboard into an iPhone keyboard, AppleTV remote or a keyboard for any other device supporting Bluetooth - iPad, Android gadgets, another Mac or even game consoles. Thanks to Typeeto it is no longer a problem to enter long passwords on smaller devices or texting with someone. It allows you to connect multiple gadgets at a time and then switch among them in a click.
12. Wunderlist - say hi to a cross-platform to-do list and organizer that is very easy-to-use and streamlined. You can use hashtags for lists organization, add comments and subtasks for more gradual approach to every major task. Wunderlist will remind you of unfinished tasks and will keep all your to-dos and deadlines online and synced across devices so you never forget of anything.