Top Ummy Video Downloader alternatives on Mac
Ummy Video Downloader is a simple software solution for downloading of YouTube videos. It offers a unique possibility to listen to audio even when you are disconnected from Internet. However no software is perfect and Ummy has its own issues. If you are one of those who love Ummy's functionality but don't want to deal with some issues there are great products that are similar to Ummy Video Downloader and may be a better choice for your needs.
Airy - best Ummy video downloader alternative on Mac
Airy YouTube downloader for Mac is a great Mac alternative to Ummy Video Downloader. If you are a fan of Ummy's MP3 and MP4 extraction from YouTube videos - you'll love having all this and more in Airy. So here is what else Airy can do:
- Download YouTube playlists in video and audio formats;
- Download the complete YouTube channel;
- Download private YouTube videos.
Airy is easy to use. Follow the steps below:
- Download Airy and activate full version. Free Airy allows 2 downloads.
- Find the YouTube video, playlist or channel that you are going to download, copy the link and paste it in Airy;
- Decide on your preferred file format to save the videos or audios. Choose MP3 if you only need audio. Note that the more files you are downloading at once the more time it may take.
- Finally, click the Download button.
All your files will be saved in Downloads folder unless you have set up a different location in Preferences.
Elmedia can easily replace not just Ummy Downloader, but media players that you were using before getting to know Elmedia. That is because Elmedia Player is a complete package that can suit any requirements and supports all kinds of file formats. PRO version offers online videos downloading and audio from video extraction. Such services as YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Yahoo and more are well supported.
Just like in iTunes you can create, manage and remove playlists.
As we said with Elmedia Player PRO, you can download YouTube videos, including YouTube playlists and channels. With Elmedia Player PRO subtitles (if available) can be downloaded with the videos and will be saved in .srt format to your hard drive.
Downloading a YouTube video with Elmedia PRO is easy:
- Download Elmedia and activate its PRO version. You'll need a registration code that you can buy at the developers' website.
- In the app switch to the browser mode in the main menu.
- Enter a YouTube link and click Enter.
- Choose the file you want to download from the list under the video and click Download.
- You can choose the preferred video format (MP4, 3GP, WebM, FLV, etc.). Even if it is a video file you can download it as MP3 by simply choosing this format from the list.
- Your files are saved in Downloads folder unless you have set up a different location in Preferences.
Folx is generally a free download manager for Mac OS. It has a nice and friendly interface and combines two functionalities: it is a download manager and a torrent client.
Free version is packed with features however if you upgrade to PRO you can get a lot of advanced possibilities including YouTube videos downloading.
To download a video from YouTube with Folx do the following:
- Download Folx app and activate its PRO version with a code that you can purchase at the developers' website;
- Paste a YouTube link in Folx and press Enter
- Adjust the download options as needed:
- ★ You can assign tags to your downloads (for example: YouTube).
- ★ Set up the download location or select Automatic to let Folx choose the download location according to the first tag you have assigned.
- ★ Select the video format you want to download video in and choose MP3 when you only want a soundtrack.
- ★ You can create a custom description for the video.
- Finish adding the task by clicking OK.
All these Ummy Video Downloader alternatives Mac solutions have their unique possibilities and offer additional benefits for every taste. Try out and decide on which one you like the most and want to use for your downloading.
Version 3.8.218 (15th Jul, 2019) Release notes