Back up your personal data from Android on your Mac
We meet new people all the time and always plan something, and it doesn't matter whether we are at home or on the go. It is quite important to create a backup copy of your data as often is possible. SyncMate will help you backup contacts, calendars, bookmarks, reminders, and more.
Get to know SyncMate
In brief SyncMate is a mighty sync tool that will keep your Mac and Android data up-to-date with each other. Free SyncMate allows syncing calendar events and contact and reading your text messages on Mac. SyncMate Expert will sync music, videos, images, playlists, folders and more. You will be able to read, create, delete text messages on your Mac with its full-size keyboard.
Create backup for Android on Mac
The process is quite simple and comprehensive. However remember that to create a backup file, you'll first need to initiate sync process from Android to Mac.
1. Download and install free SyncMate on Mac. "Backups" plugin is a part of Expert edition, so you'll need to upgrade to Expert here. It is always a good idea to try SyncMate Free Edition before you upgrade to Expert.
2. Open the app and click ‘Add New’ link on the left side, select Android device and connect the device to your computer.
3. Select the data that will be synced for later backup. Click the “+” button at the top and select “Contacts”, “Calendars”, “Reminders” or “Safari bookmarks”. Personalize each plugin up to your needs.
4. Click “Sync” to start the process.
5. After the process is completed go to “My Mac” section on the left, then “Backups” tab. Select the data you are going to back up - calendars, contacts, reminders or Safari bookmarks. Click "Backup" button to create your backup file.
6. Activate automatic backup during each sync session for the most convenient setup. To restore a previously created backup, select the needed one on the list and click "Restore". Then sync data from Mac to Android.
There are multiple sync options SyncMate offers for different types of devices and accounts: iOS and Android devices, other Macs, iCloud, Google, Dropbox accounts as well as Windows Outlook, Office 365 Home and Business editions.
More details on various sync options for various devices and services here.
SyncMate requires OS X 10.10 and is compatible with Android 4.x-9.x devices and iOS 5.x-12.x devices.
More How To's• Sync contacts in Android with Contacts on Mac
• Syncing photos in Android with your Mac
• How to sync music and videos in iTunes on Mac with Android
• Synchronize Safari bookmarks on Mac with bookmarks on Android devices
• An easy way to synchronize folders on Mac with Android devices
• How to sync Android calendar with Mac
• Synchronize music on Mac with your Android
• Android file transfer for Mac: mount Android devices as Mac disks
• Sync your Mac and Android automatically
• How to manage Android SMS on Mac